The active substance is vardenafil (as hydrochloride trihydrate). Each tablet contains 20 mg of vardenafil. The other ingredients in the tablet core: crospovidone, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, colloidal anhydrous silica. On the cover: macrogol 400, hypromellose, titanium dioxide (E171), yellow iron oxide (E172), red iron oxide (E172). Indications. Vilitra is used in men to treat erectile dysfunction (ED) - the term erectile dysfunction is the difficulty in getting or keeping an erection.
Information about erectile dysfunction
At least one in ten men has trouble getting or keeping an erection. Causes can be physical, mental, or in most cases mixed. Whatever the cause of this condition may be, the effect is always the same: muscle and blood vessel changes that the penis does not remain enough blood to achieve and maintain an erection.
How has Vilitra
Erections are usually controlled by a balance of two chemical substances in the body. The first of these substances allows erections, the other leads to an unwinding of erection. If the two chemicals in balance, you can ignore the erection before was sufficiently induced. Vilitra acts by reducing action of the second chemical (called PDE-5). Vilitra allows you to achieve and maintain an erection sufficient for satisfactory sexual intercourse. It is used in 25 to 60 minutes before sexual activity and acts only when sexual stimulation. Contraindications: What you need to know before you start taking medicine Vilitra.
Do not use Vilitra:
- If you are taking ritonavir or indinavir (medicines used to treat HIV infection).
- If you are over 75 years of age and are taking ketoconazole or itraconazole (medicines used to treat fungal infections).
- if you have severe heart disease or severe liver disease.
- if you have kidney dialysis.
- if you have recently had a stroke or heart attack.
- if you have (or have you used to have) low blood pressure.
- if you have you or anyone in your family history of degenerative eye diseases (such as. Retinitis pigmentosa).
Before taking this medicine, tell your doctor:
- If you have heart problems. In this case, it may be your sexual activity dangerous.
- If you have a heart rhythm disorder, or a congenital heart diseases affecting your electrocardiogram.
- If you have a physical (change shape) of the penis. Among these conditions are known. Angulation, Peyronie's disease and cavernosal fibrosis.
- If you have an illness that can cause erections which will not go away (priapism). These diseases include sickle cell anemia, multiple myeloma or leukemia.
- if you have a stomach ulcer (also called a peptic ulcer).
- If you have a bleeding disorder (such as. Haemophilia).
- If you are taking to treat erectile dysfunction for some other treatment.
- If you experience sudden decrease or loss of vision, stop taking Vilitra a doctor immediately. If you think any of the above, tell before treatment your doctor. Side effects: Possible side effects Vilitra product may cause side effects, although not everybody who uses the product. Side effects are usually mild to moderate.
Very common side effects (may affect 1 in 10 people or more)
- redness of the face and neck, accompanied by a feeling of heat.
Common side effects (These may affect between 1 in 10 and 1 in 100 men)
- nausea (feeling sick);
- stuffy or runny nose.
Uncommon side effects (These may affect between 1 in 100 and 1 in 1,000 males)
- increased skin sensitivity to sunlight;
- high or low blood pressure;
- Back pain or muscle;
- redness or tearing of the eyes;
- influence the results of blood tests that measure liver function;
- increased muscle enzyme (creatine phosphokinase) levels;
- shortness of breath;
- rapid heart beat or palpitations;
- bleeding from the nose;
- swelling of the face.
Rare side effects (likely to affect less than 1 in 1,000 males)
- muscle stiffness;
- increased intraocular pressure (glaucoma);
- prolonged or painful erection;
- allergic reactions;
- cardiac effects (such as. Angina pectoris);
- swelling of the larynx.
There were reported cases of partial, sudden, temporary or permanent decrease or loss of vision in one or both eyes. If you experience any of these side effects and you will not bother or will be repeated at the next use of Vilitra, tell your doctor. If you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Iterakce: Taking Levitra with other medicines
Tell your doctor or pharmacist about all the medicines you are currently taking or have recently taken, including non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Vilitra can usually be seamlessly used with a variety of drugs.
The combination of some medicines with Vilitra but can cause health problems. In particular, the following drugs:
- Nitrates (medicines used to treat angina pectoris) or drugs capable of releasing nitric oxide (eg. Amyl nitrite). Taking these medicines with Vilitra can seriously affect your blood pressure. If you are taking this drug, tell your attending doctor and do not take Vilitra.
- Drugs used to treat abnormal heart rhythm, such as quinidine, procainamide, amiodarone or sotalol.
- Ritonavir or indinavir (medicines used to treat HIV infection). If you are taking this drug, tell your attending doctor and do not take Vilitra.
- ketoconazole or itraconazole (medicines used to treat fungal infections).
- antibiotic erythromycin.
- Alpha-blockers (a type of medicine used to treat high blood pressure or to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia). If any of these medicines you are taking or have recently taken, please tell your doctor. Dosage: How Levitra use the appropriate dose for you, determined by the attending physician.
- Always take Vilitra exactly as directed by your doctor. If you are unsure of the proper use, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- If you feel that Levitra is too strong or too weak, talk to your doctor. Depending on your response, your doctor may recommend a change in dose. The product Vilitra take approximately 25-60 minutes before sexual activity. With sexual stimulation you may achieve an erection anywhere from 25 minutes to 4-5 hours after ingestion. Swallow one tablet with a glass of water.
- Levitra can be taken with or without food - but preferably not use it after a heavy or high-fat meal. Do not take more than 1 tablet daily Vilitra.
If you take more tablets Vilitra than you should, tell your doctor. When you use Levitra in larger quantities may experience more side effects or may get severe back pain. If you take more Levitra than you should, tell your doctor.